r-word.org

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sick but really busy...

I have been sick since last Friday but as usual that has not slowed me down. I had a sore throat for 3 days and have been really stuffy. I have Vasomotor Rhinitis and am always stuffy but it is 100 times worse when I am sick. I have to take expectorants to get anything out and they aren't working this time around. I'm supposed to take them everyday but I don't. I'm also supposed to use saline nasal spray but I don't. I also have cryptic tonsils (big holes in my tonsils that collect food, very gross and painful) so half the time I have an earache (my right side is the worst), stuffy nose and sore throat from that. And I don't always know if I have a virus or it is the tonsils. I know, I need to get my tonsils out! I am a big baby and hate hospitals and doctors. I could go on with the rest of my ailments but I could fill several pages with that info....back to my current, temporary illness.

I did more landscaping, refinished an end table and built a shed with Pat and our landlord. I will be posting photos on my other blog of all this work.

And of course I have not had a moment to myself since Olivia got out of school so last night I was up until midnight figuring since Stephen is out of school until summer school starts that I could sleep in. No. Pat had to go into work early and I was awakened at 5:30 a.m. by my pee soaked daughter (those Potty Patty "waterproof" pull-ups can't absorb the gallon of pee my daughter emits every night) and stumbled around changing her bedding. Of course my brain does not shut off easily once it is turned on and I was not able to fall back asleep. It is 7:40 a.m. and they are both still asleep. Any other day that I can't drag myself out of bed they are up at the crack of dawn. Murphy's Law in action.

From everyone else's blogs I've been following for the past 2 months it seems that the germs are not taking a holiday. Sick moms and sick kids are in ample supply. I don't know about any of you but this year has been full of illness and crappy weather! I hope that heading into July we can all enjoy some good health and nice weather!

No comments: