r-word.org

Monday, June 15, 2009

Blah

Stephen is home with diarrhea. Not bad. He had it once yesterday and once today. But he keeps pressing on his lower abdomen and just not feeling good.

I feel like crap. Runny nose, congested throat, achy. I did not want to get out of bed this morning.

Two more days and Olivia is out of school for the summer and my whole daytime routine is going to be obliterated. I really hope I can balance spending quality time with her and doing my chores, blogging, errands and what not. We shall see. Stephen will be going into summer school a week after his school year ends and will have about 3 weeks at the end of August that he will be home. Thankfully, he will be 15 minutes away again for summer school. I don't trust the summer program as much as his school year program (which is about 40 minutes away) and had to pick him up a couple times last summer for his behavior.

How are you all dealing with your kids summer vacation?

2 comments:

Wendi Sotis said...

How are you both feeling? I hope nobody else catches it!

Wendi Sotis said...

Oh, I forgot to answer the question...

The triplets' last day is the 26th.

I signed the kids up for a social skills class that we did last summer. The teacher is a speech teacher my son used to go to and she really is great. I am also going to have all three of the kids evaluated for PT and OT at the same place, and my son for speech again. So they might be doing a bunch of therapies.

I think they might take swimming lessons, though I have been putting off setting that up - mainly because I have been sick for such a long time. I really should go there next week and set it up!

Other than that, we will be spending a lot of time at my mother's house helping her pack for her expected move in August. At around 7pm, the daughter with the sun allergy can go swimming, and my mom has a pool (for now anyway)... so there will be a lot of late nights this summer!

I had to make up a detailed, color coded schedule in Excel last summer to keep everyone from freaking out about the loss of structure (including me!). I mean, down to "go to the bathroom and put shoes on" before we had to leave the house.

I need to start working on that again as soon as I know the schedule!