r-word.org

Friday, August 7, 2009

Facebook, bargain shopping, gardening, appointments, ADHD...

I haven't blogged in a while for a number of reasons.

1-Discovered facebook! Anyone who is on facebook doesn't need any explanation of where my time has gone. If you aren't on facebook, well, go there now and find out how easy it is to spend hours on there.

2-Appointments for the kids! This month alone has 3. 2 were an hour away round trip. By the way, it is official and in writing that my daughter has ADHD. Now I have the fun task of getting her evaluated by her school. They will not make it easy. Nothing is easy in this school district when you are trying to make them provide the services your child needs and they are required by law to provide. Fun times : (

3-Fighting tomato blight and general gardening. All this bloody rain almost killed my tomato plants and they are all still green! I had to pull two off because of catfacing and one because it was rotting from the inside out. I have stripped probably half the branches off of all of the plants in an attempt to save them from the blight that tried to kill them.

4-Sales, sales, sales! I actually bought myself some new clothing last week! I am a cheapo and usually buy used clothing but found stuff I really liked brand new that fit and was on sale so I stocked up. Love the clothes, hate trying on stuff and all the running around it requires. Wonder why I wear the same shirt in 10 different colors with plain old jeans? It's efficient. I am no fashion plate. Also, there have been incredible sales at the pharmacies and grocery stores. All very time consuming.

5-Our basement has flooded twice in the past week because of all the rain.

6-We bought a Wii sport and it is incredibly fun! Also bought the Star Wars Lego complete and even bought the light sabors for the controllers. And recently bought the Sports Resort with motionplus. Very fun!!

And of course all the other day to day stuff I take care of has been happening. Still feeling very tired and like I just want to lay on the couch and watch t.v. But I have errands to run, slugs to hunt, a house to clean, laundry to wash, dry and fold; forms to fill out.........

2 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Several of my blog friends are talking about the addictive nature of facebook today! Some of my personal friends are trying to get me to sign up, but I think blogging is addictive enough. I can't imagine trying to keep up with both! LOL

Queenbuv3 said...

Like anything new it takes a lot of time to get it set up but once you get your friend list and get set up you don't spend as much time on it. I love the quizes, polls and Tetris. It's great getting in touch with people I was good friends with and picking up where we left off : ) A lot of things are similar to blogger. You can set it up to send you e-mails when there is any new activity so you don't have to go on all the time to check. You can also have a lot of privacy with the settings you set. I got my hubby on there and he is enjoying it. We definetly need to get wi-fi so we have more than one internet connection now! I love it!